Biography of Raghavan Varadarajan | Work |Awards and Honors | Books
Title: Raghavan Varadarajan
Janam Di- 27 November 1960
Location : India
Career: Bio: Physicist, Professor
Raghavan Varadarajan is an Indian biophysicist and professor on the Indian Institute of Science. They’re identified for his or her protein construction and protein folding. Raghavan Varadarajan was born on 27 November 1960 in India. He obtained his bachelor’s and post-master’s diploma from the Indian Institute of Expertise, Kanpur within the yr 1982.
He obtained his doctoral schooling from Stanford College. He received his PhD beneath the steering of Steven G. Boxer. After that, he accomplished his doctoral research from the Sports activities College in 1988 to 1992.
Raghavan labored as a Professor within the Molecular Biophysics Unit on the Indian Institute of Science, IASC, within the early days of his profession in 1992. He’s the pinnacle of Varadarajan Laboratory of IISc. Has analysis curiosity within the design of HIV and influenza immunogens.
He’s working as Honorary Professor at Jawaharlal Nehru Heart for Superior Scientific Analysis. Not solely this, he additionally serves because the chairman of the Scientific Board of Therimat Novobologica, a Bangalore-based analysis platform. Raghavan has labored on hemoglobin a hemoprotein in G. Boxer’s laboratory. He has additionally studied the redox potential spectral properties of exterior chromophores. He has developed crystallographic and nuclear magnetic translation hydrogen trade protocols.
Immunogen has been developed by Raghavan and his crew at Merck Analysis Laboratories. Districts have been proven to indicate optimistic results of HIV vaccine. He has additionally served as an Investigator of the DBT-IAVI program collectively by the Division of Biotechnology
Awards and Honors:
1) BM Birla Science Heart has obtained BM Virla Science Award in 1998.
2) Within the yr 2002, Radhavan has obtained Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award from the Authorities of India.
3) Within the yr 2013, CSIR honored him with the GN Ramachandran Gold Medal for excellence in organic science and expertise.
4) Raghavan has additionally obtained Swarnjayanti Fellowship for Organic Sciences of the Division of Science and Expertise.
5) In 1999, he obtained the AIDS Innovation Greet Award from the Nationwide Institute of Well being.
1) Printed in 1989 – Results of buried Lonixable amino acids on the discount of recombinant myoglobin capability|
2) 1985- Expression and reconstruction of human myoglobin in cloning Escherichia coli|