Biography of Prafulchandra Vishnu Sane | Books | Award
Title: Prafulchandra Vishnu Sane
Birthday – 24 December 1937
Location : Chiplun, Ratnagiri, Maharashtra India
Father: Vishnu Jagannath Sane
Occupation: Molecular Biologist, Botanist
Prafullachandra Vishnu Sane is an Indian molecular biologist and botanist. who is understood for his pioneering research on photosynthesis. Prafullachandra Vishnu Sane was born on 24 December 1937 in Chiplun village in Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra, India. His father’s identify is Vishnu Jagannath Sane. And mom’s identify is Indira. Sane is married to Suchitra Khandkar. They’ve two sons. He now lives in Lucknow.
Prafulchandra received his early schooling from New English Excessive College, Nagpur. In 1958, he graduated from Dr. Panjarao’s Agricultural School. Within the yr 1960, he has obtained a grasp’s diploma in agriculture from Nagpur College.
Prafulchandra has labored as an assistant analysis botanist on the College of California, Berkeley. From 1972 to 1984, he labored as the top of Bhabha Atomic Analysis Heart BARC India. From 1984 to 1997, Sane served because the Director of the Nationwide Institute of Botanical Analysis, Lucknow. After that he has labored as a Principal Marketing consultant in Jain Irrigation Programs Restricted, Agri Biotech Division, Jalgaon after his retirement.
Throughout his tenure, he labored on electron transport and power in chloroplasta membranes. Sane has labored with Roderick Park to develop a brand new methodology for the isolation of PS-1 and PS-II with out the usage of detergents. Sane had led a group whereas in BARC.
Who has carried out the work of discovering the participation of cost added within the manufacturing of emitted mild. Sane has additionally carried out pioneering research on Tobacco Transgenic Vegetation and Shabarr. He’s a former President and a Marketing consultant of Worldwide Society of Environmental Botanista ISEB, a Lucknow based mostly not-for-profit NGO. Which work to advertise built-in analysis on vegetation and environmental air pollution.
1) Sane has been awarded Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award in 1981.
2) In 1987, Sane was chosen as a fellow by the Nationwide Academy of Sciences and the Indian Academy of Sciences.
3) In 1991, he has been honored with the Bharat Jyoti Besta Scientist of the 12 months Award.
4) In 1991, he has additionally obtained a fellowship from the Nationwide Academy of Agricultural Sciences.
5) In 1994, he has additionally obtained the Birbal Sahni Medal from the Indian Botanical Society.
Sane has revealed the findings of his analysis within the type of chapters in lots of books and greater than 160 articles.
1) Printed in 2003: Legumes of South Asia A Test Lista|
2) Printed in 2008 – Photosystem Response Heart Suppression Mechanism and Physiological Function|
3) 1971- Distribution of operate and construction in Chloroplasta lamellae|