Biography of Prabal Chaudhary | Wiki | Award | Book | Awards and Honors
Identify: Prabal Choudhary
Date of Start : 1963
Location : India
Prabal Choudhary is an Indian Statistician. He’s Professor of Theoretical Statistics and Arithmetic on the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. Prabal Chaudhary was born in India in 1963. He has graduated in Statistical Honors from the Indian Statistical Institute, Calcutta within the yr 1983.
In 1985, he bought the diploma of Grasp of Statistics from the identical institute. Prabal acquired his PhD in Statistics from the College of California, Berkeley in 1988 beneath the steering of Charles Joel Stone.
Prabal labored as an Assistant Professor within the Division of Statistics, College of Wisconsin, Madison from Augusta 1988 to December 1990. Prabal labored as a lecturer within the Division of Theoretical Statistics and Arithmetic on the Indian Statistical Institute from 1990 to Might 1993. After that he turned an affiliate of this division, within the yr 1997, he has labored as a full professor.
Prabal has invented a few of the most generally used statistical strategies and ideas. As with native native polynomial nonconventional quantile regression, a geometrical notion of quantilesa for multivariate knowledge, it incorporates adaptive transformation and iteration strategies and many others.
Awards and Honors:
1) Prabal has acquired the BM Birla Science Award within the yr 2001.
2) Prabal has acquired the CR Rao Nationwide Award within the yr 2005.
3) Prabal can be a Fellow of Nationwide Academy of Sciences Allahabad.
4) In 2005, he was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award by the Authorities of India.
5) Within the yr 2010, within the Worldwide Congress of Hyderabad, he’s the invited president within the part on Chance and Statistics