Biography of Dorairajan Balasubramaniam | Work | Awards and Honors | Books
Identify: Dorairajan Balasubramaniam
Date of Delivery : 28 August 1939
Location : Tamil Nadu, India
Occupation: Biophysical Chemistry
Dorairajan Balasubramaniam was born on 28 August 1939 within the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. He graduated in Chemistry B.Sc from Madras College in 1955 and obtained his Grasp’s diploma M.Sc with first-class in Chemistry from Rajasthan College Pilani in 1959.
He went to the USA of America in 1960 to do analysis for his doctoral research. And in 1965 obtained a PhD in Biophysical Chemistry from Columbia College.
He continued his postdoctoral analysis as a Jain Coffin Youngsters’s Fund Fellow on the College of Minnesota Medical Faculty in the USA till 1966. Balasubramaniam is married to Shakti. Who’s related to ETV as a producer. They usually have two daughters. Bau Beti Katyayani is a Analysis Analyst. And youthful Akhila works as a public well being skilled.
Ksheirarajan Balasubramaniam popularly often known as Professor Balu. He’s an Indian biochemical chemist and ocular biochemist. Balasubramaniam returned to India in 1966 and joined the Indian Institute of Know-how, Kanpur as a lecturer.
The place he continued to rise in ranks over time to turn out to be assistant professors and professors. He was appointed as Professor and Dean of the Faculty of Chemistry on the College of Hyderabad. Then he took over because the Deputy Director of the Middle for Mobile and Molecular Biology.
He went to Prasad Eye Institute in 1979. The place he’s the director of analysis on the Prof. Mind Holden Eye Analysis Middle. He’s additionally working as Assistant Professor of New South Wales of Know-how and Science Pilani India. He’s the previous President of Indian Science Academy 2000-2010.
Awards and Honors:
1) Dorairajan Balasubramaniam is an Honorary Professor on the Jawaharlal Nehru Middle for Superior Scientific Analysis.
2) Conferred with LM Yeddapali Memorial Award |
3) Indian Chemical Society Medal in 1977 |
4) In 1981, he was awarded the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize in Chemical Sciences by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Analysis.|
5) In 1990, he was awarded the Ranbaxy Award.
6) Conferred with Dr. Mahendra Lal Sirkar Award in 1994 by Indian Affiliation for the Cultivation of Science|
7) Honored with Omprakash Bhasin Award and Kalinga Puraskar in 1997|
8) He obtained the Goyal Award and the JC Bose Medal of the Indian Nationwide Science Academy.
9) The Authorities of India honored him with the civilian award of Padma Shri in 2002.
10) He’s additionally the recipient of the NASA Indira Gandhi Award for Achievement in Science and the Jawaharlal Nehru Centenary Award from the Indian Science Congress Affiliation (ISCA).
1) The Mom of Gene: And Different Adventures in Common Science |